The Translational Biomarkers in Aging and Dementia (TRIAD) cohort focuses on advanced personalized and preclinical dementia diagnosis. We study dementia markers and their progression from pre-symptomatic stages to the onset of the Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. The TRIAD cohort assess the trajectory of multiple imaging and fluid biomarkers in clinical populations and serves as a benchmark for testing novel biomarkers of dementia.
- Launched in 2017, largest biomarker based study.
- Large scale longitudinal cohort:
- More than 1000 people in the TRIAD registry.
- Fluid biomarkers, PET scans, MRI scans, cognitive and neuropsychological assessments.
- Healthy young (HY) participants
- Cognitively unimpaired (CU)
- Mild cognitive impairment (MCI)
- Alzheimer’s disease (AD) as well as other types of atypical AD and dementia